Location: Charlotte, NC
Salary: Salary + Incentive
Hours: Full Time
Skills: Finance, Accounting, Administration
The Loan Processor is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all loans originated by loan officers. The Loan Processor reviews files for completeness of submission and adherence to underwriting standards and regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Review files for completeness
- Verify accuracy of system input
- Analyze file; check ratios and program applicability
- Obtain accurate Automated Underwriting System (AUS) findings
- Consistent and effective communication with borrowers, loan officers and realtors regarding obtaining the required documentation for loan files and providing current status of loan files in process to all parties involved in the transaction
- Analyze credit reports, returned verifications and appraisal
- Prioritize work flow to ensure time sensitive files are handled in proper order
- Submit files to underwriting in a timely manner in accordance with company standards
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and governmental standards, guidelines, rules and regulations
- Run and review compliance report to review compliance with HPML, High Cost, TILA and all other compliance checks
- Other duties as assigned by RMS.
Basic Qualifications (including licenses, registrations and certifications):
- Minimum of a high school diploma and 3 - 5 years of related experience or equivalent is required.
- Strong knowledge of Conventional, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, RD and State Housing lending products, guidelines and requirements.
- Stong math and analytical skills with an ability to analyze documentation and determine borrower ability to qualify.
- Strong communication skills, pro-active approach, able to work independently and ability to multi-task.